Goodman’s global success in the industrial real estate sector is founded on our capabilities and expertise, as well as our robust governance structures. Everyone at Goodman plays a role in how we sustain our high-performing operations, capital sources and creditworthiness.
We engage regularly with our key stakeholders and disclose our ESG performance to maintain the trust of our capital partners and customers. Meanwhile, our financial resilience means we can continue to increase the tangible difference we are making to the lives of vulnerable people through the Goodman Foundation. GRESB is the leading ESG survey for the real estate sector and is one of the main methods Goodman uses to communicate its performance on ESG matters. The benchmark analyses and scores a wide range of ESG indicators and provides detailed insights to investors. In 2019, Goodman Group was awarded Global Sector Leader in the Industrial – Developer category.
- Sustainable operations and results
- ESG performance
- Responsible investment
- Environmental stewardship
- Sustainable capital structure
- Stakeholder and community engagement
- Effective and regular disclosures.
Retain investment grade credit rating
Continued to meet financial targets to underpin capital sources and retain credit rating
Maintained credit rating at BBB+ (S&P) and Baa1 (Moody’s)
Adopt the TCFD guidelines for climate risk assessment and disclosure by 2022
Committed to adopting the TCFD framework
Determined that the Risk and Compliance Committee will oversee Goodman’s climate risk management and alignment with TCFD
Continued working towards completing our first TCFD aligned statement in 2020 – two years ahead of our target
4 Star Green Star GRESB rating average
Submitted GRESB responses for eight Goodman entities with results due in the second half of 2020
Achieved strong results in the 2019 GRESB survey including:
- Goodman Group awarded the Global Sector Leader in the Developer Industrial peer group achieving 5 Star Green Star status and an ‘A’ for public disclosure
- Goodman Japan Core Partnership awarded Sector Leader for its peer group, for the second consecutive year, improving its previous score by 15%
- Three of the eight participating entities achieved GRESB’s top rating of 5 Green Stars
$50m in social investment by the Goodman Foundation by 2030
Contributed $13.7m to community and philanthropic causes including $6.5m to relief, recovery and firefighting efforts related to bushfires in Australia.